Monday, May 26, 2008

Sliding Glass Doors

We loveee all the windows in our house. We finally put up temporary blinds (which are totally awesome and cheap) in all the front windows and the windows in the staircase (since I couldn't make up my mind about which set of roman shades I wanted). The newest dilemma we realized today... when at 3pm the thermostats in the house read 89 degrees upstairs from the sun shining threw all of the trees!

This is probably because we only have window coverings on the master bedroom windows, all of the rest of the windows facing the back are open so we can see the beautiful trees. We have those 4 huge windows across the top of the great room, plus two below, the one in the smallest bedroom, the huge ones in the study, plus the kitchen window, plus the sliding glass door. Needless to say we will be off to Lowes to buy more temporary blinds for the smallest bedroom, the master bedroom, and the study. I've already picked out curtains (in oatmeal) for the 2 great room windows. And we found a window film treatment for the 4 high windows that helps block 70% of the sun's heat (woohoo).

However, the sliding glass door... still an issue. I despise vertical blinds... make that hate... absolutely hate them. They remind me of apartments and cheap plastic, not to mention the fact that Zoe loves to run in them which drives me crazy because of the noise they make (which is probably why she likes to run in them).
Death to the horrid vertical blind!!
Soft curtains??!?!?!


Vertidraw shades??!?

So my question to you guys is: Do you like the look of the vertidraw panels? Or would white curtains hanging from the slider and then my fave PB window treatment hanging from the kitchen window look good? I haven't picked a color scheme for the kitchen yet so I'd just stick with white for now.
Our Sliding Glass Door
Our Kitchen Window
*images via blindsgalore.com, beautifulcoastalhomes.com, and tvshuttersandblinds.com

No comments: