Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall projects

While at work in Smyrna (which tends to be rather boring I might add) I started looking through a Country Living magazine. As a side note I am not much of a country design type person so this tells you how bored I was. So I continue flicking past each page until I find these images....




















I think I stopped breathing briefly! I needed to learn how to do this! So I read the entire article... decided that I did not want to wait to order the designers kit (even though it looks fabulous) and I made up my mind to do these. In a smaller scale. I am obsessed with the wreath. As in I want it and I want it now. However I decided it was a little out of my league at the moment. But I could totally do that on my door because it looks the same with the windows above and everything (minus the fact my door is not black).
I read the directions.. figured out what I would need for the small fake pumpkins I found... headed to Michael's.. and came home and worked on this for a good few hours. And the end result is...

They turned out so cute! I let them grace the mantle with some fake fall foliage (thank you Mom!) and then they became a centerpiece for a family dinner. I think I'll slowly attempt the large wreath for next fall. But since we needed a fall wreath I embarked on this next project...

Which turned out amazing and looks super cute on our door along with the vibrant orangey red Mum Jason bought me for fall.

This next "project" wasn't really a project.. but more of a way to express my inner 10 year old self. For about 3 weeks we had two pumpkins, the mum, and the wreath welcoming whoever to our house. But about two days before Halloween I decided we couldn't have just 2... nope we needed 3!! So I picked out two stencils and decided to do one freehand.. guess which one that is.. I swear it took me like 5 hours to do this.. in the semi freezing garage....with sore fingers and a runny nose.. and it was so worth it when I could here all the oooh's and ahh's from kids and parents who came trick or treating! The little tiny pumpkins are 3 orange metal jack-o-lanterns that my mother gave me (cause she was tired of them) so we put them on three black stakes along our walkway and put little tiny flameless candles. I don't think we took any pics from outside because they really weren't showing up right... but here they are the night before Halloween...

No comments: