Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Favorite Christmas Things

So I've been doing a little reminiscing as I've been unwrapping my Christmas things (that I pretty much haven't seen in 3 years due to traveling and then the whole new house fiasco last year). I figured I'd show you all some of my favorite/most meaningful things that I've rediscovered over the last few days.

The first three pictures are things that belonged to my Mom-Mom... that I just adore having since they remind me of her whenever I see them:
A set of musical Angels that turn around as they play

A beautiful shimmery butterfly that is clipped to my tree A ceramic Christmas tree with colorful birds sitting on it's "leaves"

The next three things are gifts from my mother over the years:

A small Xmas tree that sits in a beautiful yellow and white bowl that I hang tiny kitchen utensil ornaments from.
A gold ball that plays Silent Night when you pull the string. Ames and I used to fight over who got to put this on the tree and pull the string. Silver Sleigh Bells. M probably is the smartest mom ever. For each Xmas for about 25 years (starting the year we were born) she gave Ames and I silver bells on the day we would trim the tree. Ames got silver bells (you know normal looking bells) and I got silver sleigh bells. One was lost in a tree somewhere over the years.. but I have all of the rest. Most of them are hanging on our tree, some are on a small tree in the dining room. One year I'm going to get red ribbon and tie some from the chandelier in the dining room. She stopped giving them to us because she figured we had more than enough. Random Ornaments:

A ballerina that someone gave me when I was a "ballerina"


The perfect word for this time of year:
A perfect Icicle

A picture of me on Santa's lap at the mall... Age 4ish? Sorry it's fuzzy.. it's an old pic (plus really I'm not at my cutest)The "friendship" silver ball S and I both got (along with the star too!) at Crate & Barrel this year So that's my little trip down memory lane .... anyone else have a favorite Christmas decoration item?


No comments: