Sunday, January 18, 2009

Guest Bedroom #1 .. Ideas

So besides getting to decorate the master bedroom I get to decorate 3 other ones too! I suppose I should let J have an opinion.. but he would probably tell me to find a bed.. pick out a Nautica bed set and he'd be happy. This will not do.

My ideas for design change on a monthly (sometimes daily) basis. When I lived in my apartment I had 4 duvet covers (one for each season), a gorgeous soft red velvet and silk quilt (booo on Pottery Barn for changing them!!!) , and several small throws that I would switch up on the couch. This is also why I am going with paler/neutralish wall colors, so that I can switch up the look of the room at the drop of my wallet.

The one thing I do know that I want for this particular guest bedroom is this gorgeous Crate & Barrel Colette Bed.


and I'm totally painting the room a gorgeous silvery grey color. I first fell in love with that color after seeing this image



Then I want these cute mirrored bedside tables I saw at Pier 1 for way cheaper then anywhere else I've seen them!


The only thing else I need to figure out is drapes and bedding. Depending on the bedding the room could either be a serene retreat.. or there could be a pop of color in the bedding. So this totally suits me because I can switch it up whenever I want!!!!

2 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

I just painted my bedroom gray! I have a post ready. I haven't posted it yet because I hate posting my house.

I also kind of want to go darker. Anyway, do it! You'll love it.

ezra smith said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
khas lawn