Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 2009.... a little late!

Happy New Year!!!

I just realized I have yet to post anything in the new year... how rude of me!

Our new years was rather uneventful.. we had planned to go to S & Q's house for a great party.. but for the 3 days leading up to New Years Eve I was feeling rather crappy with a nice big chest cold... it seriously felt like someone was just sitting on my chest. I couldn't even make it from the car to the door without feeling short of breath. It was awful. I did feel slightly better that day.. but I just wasn't up for the normal New Years craziness. So J took me to see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.. which I HIGHLY recommend. I loved it. It makes you think about life and love... it was great.

2009 so far (18 days in anyway) has been rather uneventful. We are STILL waiting to have our "11 month walk"... which was supposed to happen sometime around the end of November and now is supposed to happen Feb. 10th. Keep your fingers crossed. We've officially owned the house for over a year now (as of Dec. 21st).. so you know I'm dying to paint to start putting our own stamp (really it's my stamp) on the place.

I think I've decided on the paint (a pretty pale yellow) for the living room... and I am seriously considering painting the powder room a light blue after seeing a similar color in my Aunt and Uncles powder room. I also know I want to paint one of the guest rooms a pretty light silvery/grey. I have a whole post planned on that room as soon as I finish finding images.

J spent most of last week sick and is finally feeling better (then again who hasn't been sick!!). We went and saw Revoluntiary Road last night and it was definitely worth seeing. Next up is going to see Bride Wars (a total chick flick but I'm dying to see it anyway) and I'd love to see Rachel Getting Married and Milk. I've heard both are very good films.

We just watched the Eagles lose to the Cards... very heartbreaking. Honestly thought they could go all the way. By the way... while watching the Steelers/Ravens game I keep seeing commercials for The Mentalist.. and let me just say how YUMMY (Steven James) the main character is!! Has anyone watched the show and if so is it any good?!?


No comments: