Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dining Room

Out of all the rooms in our house... one is fully furnished... the dining room. This is thanks to M and her dining room set which is gorgeous.. except maybe the fabric on the chairs.



At some point early on in my teenage years M decided to redo the fabric on the chairs. So she took me with her (and maybe Ames too) and this is what we ended up with. I used to love this fabric (remember this was the around the early 90's). Needless to say I no longer love this fabric... and the chairs need to be recushioned anyway.

Hard to tell in the pic (apparently my iphone does not love the lighting in the front half of the house) but we have a chair rail and beautiful molding work below it. I want to paint the top half to make it stand out. I was thinking of doing a deep chocolate brown, which M and Ames gave the ax to. I saw one of the model homes in our development had the chocolate brown (see below).. but that room is longer and slightly larger than mine. M and Ames think it might be too much in my room.


So my two main goals are to 1. figure out a good paint color (remember the living room is directly across from this and is going to be a pale yellow). 2. figure out a fabric that would stand out against the beautiful mahogney table. 3. Find curtains and hang art.

Some people have suggested I find the fabric then paint.. others have suggested curtains then fabric and paint... and then there is the rest that suggest paint then everything else.

Out of all the rooms in the house.. this is the one I can (or at least should be able to) actually finish, since there is no need buy furniture.



1 comment:

hello gorgeous said...

There's no date on this post and this is freaky but that looks really similar to my dining room. Have you seen it? I don't know when you started reading my blog but I painted it brown and I love it. Especially with that type of artwork.